Divorce Certificate Translation: How to Do It?
If you got divorced outside the UAE or are thinking about traveling after your divorce, it is important to know that you may need to have your divorce certificate translated. In this article, we will reveal the reasons for getting a divorce certificate translation and how to do it.
What is a divorce certificate?
A divorce certificate is a document proving the divorce between two people, including its date and place. The process of obtaining a divorce certificate can differ significantly based on the country in which the divorce takes place. Typically, it is issued by competent authorities such as the civil status registry or the courts. The divorce certificate usually includes the following information:
- The husband’s name, date of birth, and nationality
- The wife’s name, date of birth, and nationality
- Date of marriage
- Date of divorce
Why do you need your divorce certificate translation?
You need a divorce certificate translated for the following reasons:
- Get divorced overseas: If the divorce occurred outside your home country, you may need a translated divorce certificate to be notarized when you return to your country.
- Traveling abroad: frequently, some countries ask for divorce certificate translation into their official language as a proof of an individual’s civil status..
- Obtaining a visa: in some cases, the embassy or consulate of the country that you want to travel may ask for divorce certificate translation.
- Marrying someone from another country: many countries may ask the couples to submit their divorce certificate translation, if any, into their official language as a proof of each other’s civil status.
- Obtaining social privileges: some countries may require a translated divorce certificate as a proof of an individual’s civil status to obtain social privileges, including but not limited to:
- Medical care
- Social insurance
- Social assistance
Thus, divorce certificate translation is a very essential procedure in some cases to be proof of an individual’s civil status. You need a certified translation of the divorce certificate so that embassies and foreign authorities can understand the content of this certificate.
What is the certified translation?
A certified translation is issued by a certified translation office. It is identical to the original document and must have the translation office’s stamp that is certified by the embassies and foreign authorities that require this translation. The purpose of certified translation is to ensure that the translated content is comprehensive, accurate, and error-free.
How to obtain a certified divorce certificate translation?
- Search for a certified translation office. Some countries and embassies require divorce certificate translation from a certified office to ensure that it is identical to the original document, accurate, and error-free.
- Contact the certified translation office and find out the cost of translating the divorce certificate and the date of receipt.
- Submit the original divorce certificate. The translation office may require copies of the couples’ passports.
- After the translation process is done, you will get a divorce certificate translation stamped with the approval of the translation office.
What are the reasons for choosing Alsun for certified translation services?
Alsun Translation Services is one of the leading companies in the UAE that has extensive experience in the translation field. We will break down the reasons for choosing Alsun for certified translation services:
- Certified office: Alsun Translation Services is certified by all embassies, foreign authorities, and governmental institutions.
- Extensive experience: Alsun has extensive experience in different fields of translation for more than 15 years.
- Various translation fields: ِAlsun provides certified translation in different fields, including but not limited to:
- legal translations such as divorce certificates, marriage certificates, birth certificates, driving licenses, and death certificates.
- scientific translation
- medical translation
- technical translation
- Professional translators: ِAlsun is keen to select the best translators who are professionals in their field and have high linguistic skills that fulfill accuracy and quality requirements.
- On-Time delivery: Alsun ensures to deliver your translated documents within 24 hours with accuracy and high quality.
- Reasonable prices: Alsun offers competitive prices compared to the high-quality translation that we provide.
- Translation technology: Alsun uses the most advanced translation programs (CAT tools) to provide high-quality translation in a short time.
- Customer services: we have excellent customer service 24/7 to answer your inquiries and provide assistance.
- Outstanding location: Alsun has offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, in addition to branches in Egypt and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
What does divorce certificate translation cost?
The cost of divorce certificate translation depends on the volume of the document, the required language pair, and the delivery time.
To find out the cost of translating the divorce certificate in the Alsun Translation Services, or to get more information, contact us on 050 387 0033, send us an e-mail to AD@alsuntranslation.com, or visit our branch at Office 39, Floor 12, ADNIC Building, Khalifa Street, Abu Dhabi.
A divorce certificate is an official document issued to prove the divorce of two people. We highlight several reasons for the need for divorce certificate translation and how to get a certified one.
If you want to obtain a translation of a certified, accurate, and error-free divorce certificate, we are glad to provide you with this service in the shortest time and with the highest standards of quality and accuracy that meet international standards.